Sensitive detection of rare transcripts from challenging samples
RNA sequencing library preparation from challenging or mixed samples, where detection of low abundance or rare transcripts is critical, is a serious challenge to many researchers. Standard RNA-Seq methods are not adequate for the generation of templates suitable for sequencing rare transcripts in mixed samples. Standard RNA-Seq kits are unable to detect viral pathogens such as SARS-CoV-2 or identify uniquely expressing genes in specific cell types from challenging tissues such as neurobiological samples.
Trio’s unique amplification technology (single primer isothermal amplification, SPIA) allows for the detection of low input amounts and the low abundance of pathogens like viruses. This unbiased amplification technique generates more molecules for library preparation compared to standard RNA-Seq workflows and preserves biological information from samples. SPIA can tolerate inhibitors from challenging sample sources enabling better amplification of your transcript of interest.
Trio RNA-Seq offers a best-in-class and highly published NGS library preparation system that combines SPIA with DimerFree adaptor ligation and AnyDeplete targeted transcript depletion, offering a streamlined solution for whole transcriptome RNA-Seq from low input and poor quality samples for rare transcript detection and unbiased pathogen discovery.
Benefits of Trio RNA-Seq library preparation kit:
- RNA sequencing solution for liquid biopsy, FFPE, nasal swab and other challenging samples with low input.
- Customize rRNA depletion after library construction maximizing informative sequencing reads from whole transcriptome data.
- Enzymatic fragmentation and DimerFree library construction allowing efficient and robust library preparation.
- Detect index hopping with UDI.
- Input range 500 pg - 50 ng of total RNA.
- Ideal for detection and characterization of COVID-19 and infectious disease agents.
Trio low input RNA-Seq is offered with both AnyDeplete probes targeting human rRNA (Part No. 0506) and AnyDeplete probes targeting mouse rRNA (Part No. 0507). AnyDeplete probe sets can be customized to any transcript from any organism. For custom probe sets, contact your Account Executive or request a quote on our website.